What’s the Lowest-Maintenance Way to Control Mice Long Term?

Hey everyone,

I’m looking for a mouse control solution that doesn’t require constant attention.

I don’t mind putting in some work upfront, but I don’t want to be checking traps every single day or constantly replacing bait. My garage and storage room are the main problem areas, and I’d really like a setup that’s easy to maintain over the long run.

I’ve already sealed most of the obvious entry points, but every few months I’ll still notice a few droppings and wonder if I need to start the whole process over again.

For those who’ve found a system that actually lasts:

  • What has been the lowest-maintenance solution for you?
  • Do you leave traps out year-round?
  • How often do you check or reset them?
  • What would you recommend for long-term prevention?

I’d love to hear what has worked for other homeowners.