I’ve been trying to get my garage mouse problem under control for months, and I’m honestly overwhelmed by how many rodent control products are out there.
I’ve looked at:
- Snap traps
- Electronic traps
- Enclosed traps
- Live catch traps
- Bait stations
- Ultrasonic repellents
- Natural repellents
Every product has amazing reviews… and terrible reviews.
Before I spend more money, I’d really like to hear from people who have actually used these products in real homes.
- Which rodent control products were actually worth buying?
- Which ones were a waste of money?
- If you were starting over today, what would you buy first?
- Did one product solve the problem, or did you need a combination?
Looking for honest experiences rather than marketing claims.
For indoor mice, enclosed traps have been the best investment I’ve made. They’re cleaner to empty and easy to reset.
Electronic traps worked much better than I expected. Higher upfront cost, but very little maintenance afterward.
I still keep a few snap traps around because they’re inexpensive and reliable if you place them correctly.
@GarageGuy88 I had the same experience. I was skeptical at first, but the electronic trap ended up being one of the few purchases I didn’t regret.
The biggest improvement came after I sealed entry points. The products helped, but fixing how they were getting in mattered even more.
I tried two different ultrasonic devices and honestly didn’t notice much difference. The mice kept showing up anyway.
@NightCritterChaser1 Are you mostly dealing with mice in the garage or are they getting into the house too? That changes what I’d recommend.
I like using multiple traps along the walls instead of putting one in the middle of the room. Mice usually stick close to edges when they travel.
I also learned not to stop trapping too early. I’d leave the traps out for another couple of weeks even after activity seemed to disappear.
If I had to start over, I’d spend less money experimenting with different gadgets and more time sealing gaps, removing food sources, and using a dependable trap system. That combination finally gave me long-term results.