What frequency do squirrels hate?

Hello, everyone! :grinning:
What frequency do squirrels hate?
Feel free to leave any ideas or comments. Thank you for sharing!

Has anyone found an effective sound frequency that squirrels can’t stand? I’m trying to keep them out of my garden without causing harm.

Studies suggest that squirrels show distress around ultrasonic frequencies, somewhere between 15 - 20 kHz, which is inaudible to most humans.

The squirrels were really bothered. 15 - 20 kHz. I tried that range, and it seemed to work. I’m more worried they’ll eventually get used to it.

Playing those frequencies too loud might affect other wildlife or even your pets!

Hi, maybe it’s not the frequency, but the inconsistency or variation of the sound that turns them off. :grinning:

Is 15-20 kHz a high frequency sound for squirrels? I’m not a fan of using high-frequency sounds. I think there are better ways to deal with squirrels than potentially disturbing the whole ecosystem!

Does the frequency matter if the volume isn’t high enough? I always thought it mattered more if it was loud enough to be a deterrent.

Certain high frequency sounds are meant to create an uncomfortable environment for squirrels that don’t create noise so they don’t disturb your neighbors or pets.

In my experience, it seems most humane to use a device that can specifically target the squirrel’s hearing range (15-20 kHz). It doesn’t hurt the squirrels, it makes them go away. It’s easy for me!

That’s a good point, but how do we make sure it’s only for squirrels and not other animals? Maybe there are other animals that have the same frequency as squirrels.

Yes, this is also a question to consider. You probably don’t want to affect other critters :innocent:

Let nature take its course, friend! Having pets around naturally keeps them away without resorting to high frequencies. My dog is doing great!