Does High Pitch Sound Repel Mice?

Hey everyone! I’m considering using a high pitch sound device to keep the mice away in my garage. Does anyone have experience with these and do they actually work?

I’ve actually used one before. It seemed to work for a week or two, but after that, it was like the mice got used to it and came back.

That’s interesting. I wonder if alternating between different pitches could prevent them from getting accustomed to the noise?

That’s a possibility. Or maybe the sound needs to be louder to make a lasting impact. Just be careful with the volume; it could affect pets or even annoy the neighbors.

Hello, I read somewhere that high pitch sounds do repel mice because they have sensitive hearing. Does anyone know if this is scientifically proven?

It is true that mice have sensitive hearing, which is why these devices were created. However, the scientific evidence is mixed, and there doesn’t seem to be a definitive answer.

Definitely yes! Ultrasonic devices have been a lifesaver. I haven’t seen any signs of mice since I installed mine a few months ago.

Just be aware that these devices might not work for everyone. Some people say they’re effective, others notice no change. Might depend on the specific environment or mouse population.

Are these high pitch sounds humane? I want to repel the mice but not harm them in any way.

They are generally considered humane since they’re designed to repel rather than harm. Just make sure the frequency isn’t harmful to other animals like your pets.

Also, check the regulations in your area. Some places have specific rules about sound emissions.

I’ll tell you that much, the noise drives me crazy! I can hear a bit of the sound and it’s so annoying. So maybe it’s not just the mice that are getting repelled.

That’s one of the downsides to consider. If you’re sensitive to high-pitched noises, it might be better to look at other methods of mouse prevention.