Are bees attracted to light at night?

Hey everyone!
Are bees attracted to light at night?
Leave your experiences and share them here!

Hey, I’ve seen moths flit around porch lights at night, but do bees behave the same way. I think they’re attracted to artificial lights at night.

I think bees aren’t nocturnal, so lights shouldn’t attract them. They’re usually back in their hives well before dark.

I’ve had that experience too. I’ve heard of bees being attracted to light, especially when it’s dark outside, and they get disoriented.

This is what happened to me, the bee came to my light at night, and it kept circling. I think it attracted to the light.

Hello my new friend!
I think so. There are not only moths, bees, but also other small flying insects that come to the lights at night.

I have a garden with solar lights, and I swear I’ve seen bees buzzing around them after dusk. Could they mistake it for the sun?

That’s not typical bee behavior. Bees have excellent color vision but it’s limited to daylight hours; night light can cause confusion but doesn’t really attract them.

Would bright city lights or neon lights confuse bees into thinking it’s still daytime?

The brightness could confuse them. I think bees are phototaxis after all. They may not be able to tell the difference between natural and indoor light, but they will still fly towards bright light at night.

Yes, your point has a certain reference.